Chocolate Banana Bread
This bread is always a hit – I know you’ll love it!
I didn’t create the recipe, but I hope I’ve perfected it over the years. Enjoy!
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 oz heavy whipping cream
* Preheat oven to 350F.
* Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan
* Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt
* In a mixing bowl, blend together mashed bananas, oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla
* Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
* Bake for 55-65 until set. Do not overtake
* Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, release from pan and cool on wire rack.
* Once bread is cool, top with ganache.
* Chop chocolate into small chunks and place into a bowl.
* Bring cream to a simmer and pour over chopped chocolate.
* Cover with plastic wrap and let stand about 5 mins. Stir until smooth.